A Pew Research Center survey on teens and cyberbullying revealed that nearly half of all U.S. teens have been bullied or harassed online, with physical appearance being a common reason why. Older girls, especially, reported being targeted because of their appearance.
Imagine the day when bullying, exclusion and cliques are a thing of the past and positive vibes are the norm! It is all possible if youth are engaged and equipped with the right tools.
What is Girl World Peace Academy?
- You aspire to make a difference in the lives of young people, especially girls and young women.
- Youth in your school or community face social or emotional challenges (bullying, peer pressure, trauma, etc.) that impact their ability to thrive.
- You seek tools and content that complement your current or future SEL, prevention or after-school programming.
- You can use help getting the word out about the good you’re doing (to media, sponsors and potential participants)
- Session 1 – EmPOWERing 21st Century Girls: A conversation exploring the challenges – from cyberbullying to societal pressure – and opportunities facing girls in the Too Much Information Age.
- Session 2 – Girl Power Program Essentials: How to inspire sisterhood, increase self-esteem and encourage empathy among middle and high school girls using the three “E’s.”
- Session 3 – Publicizing Your Program: No-cost tools to promote your program to internal and external audiences – from potential participants and volunteers to media and sponsors.
- Interactive Workbook
- LIVE one-on-one coaching/consulting with Rasheda [1 hour]
- BONUS 1: Partners in Peace – Five organizations and associations to help you achieve peace PDF
- BONUS 2: School & Community Service-Learning Guide – tips to engage youth in service and volunteering PDF
- BONUS 3: Program Publicity Package – sample press release & pitch tips PDF
Course Value $895
Got 20-30 mins? Let’s talk. Schedule a FREE Zoom or phone call.
Meet Your Hostess/Coach: Rasheda Kamaria Williams
Hello there. Thank you for visiting Girl World Peace Academy.
My name is Rasheda Kamaria Williams and I’m a mentor, author and founder of Empowered Flower Girl (EFG), a social enterprise on a mission to transform the way young people relate to one another, others and themselves.
In my more than 15 years’ experience facilitating empathy and esteem-building workshops and programs for EFG, I’ve observed a few things:
- On and offline conflict can adversely impact classroom dynamics and student performance.
- Young people often exclude each other because they really don’t know each other.
- Teens – especially girls – who are confident in expressing their feelings are typically more empathetic toward others’.
At the end of the day, girls actually want positive, friendly relationships with one another. However, some don’t feel confident enough to break the ice. They have a desire to create lasting bonds, but fear vulnerability or lack the tools to do so.
WE CAN CHANGE THAT! We can be allies, supporters and mentors and have authentic conversations with the girls and young women in our lives.
With Girl World Peace Academy, our ultimate goal is for you to build a connection that gives girls the courage to stand up for themselves and each other as well as accept and celebrate their differences.